MISSIO, a hair product company with a bigger purpose launched in 2017. Founder Lorin, along with her husband Kyle, created stylist-designed and salon-tested hair products to serve as a vehicle to educate salons and people in the beauty industry on victim identification and mobilize stylists in beauty initiatives. Through MISSIO they serve women who are victims are human trafficking and give to non-profit partners who are fighting human trafficking worldwide.
They currently have a lineup of 8 haircare products and three candles that they have created. All of the hair products are safe for color-treated hair, cruelty-free, and work on many different hair types!
The Products I Picked Up
Lorin was sweet enough to gift my sister and me one product while we were there, but I picked up several others, too!
- Glossing Conditioner – Lightweight Moisture: This is perfect for my fine hair!
- Coconut Cleansing Powder: I love a good dry shampoo. Although this is not specifically made for darker hair, it still works great!
- Styling Spray: This is a heat protectant, gives your hair texture and volume, and provides a gorgeous shine. Love, love, love!
- Styling Cream: This can be used as a curl cream for hair with a natural curl, controls frizz, adds volume, and provides thermal protection. This and the styling cream are my go-to’s!
- Texture Paste: My husband and I both use and love this! The texture paste gives you hold and texture and has a matte finish.
While we were there Lorin talked to us about MISSIO, what inspired her to start the company, and about her passion for helping those who are victims of human trafficking. She styled my hair with a gorgeous half-up fishtail braid and added some curls in. It turned out GORGEOUS. I wish I could have her style my hair every day!
More about MISSIO
- 30% of their profits go to fighting human trafficking
- They fight human trafficking by educating salons in victim identification, serving those who are at risk or in recovery, or giving to non-profit partners
- All of their products are cruelty-free
- Their products are made in the US and the candles are hand-poured in Wilmington, NC
Stay tuned for more fun projects with MISSIO!