Within the last 3 days all pro and college sports have shut down all activities, schools are closing, many have canceled travel plans, and even Disney shut its doors. The current pandemic is serious and we’re all doing everything we can to stay prepared and take precaution.
That being said, small businesses still need your support in times like this. Honestly more than usual. So many small businesses are adapting in several ways to help make shopping with them and eating at their restaurants easy during this time. From keeping everything sanitized to adding deliver service, they’re doing so much to make sure you feel safe when shopping with them!
Here are a few ways you can support small and local businesses during this time:
- Shop online and have the items delivered right to your door
- Buy a gift card to use at a later date (or buy a few to give to friends and family)
- Ask the business if they deliver (many that normally do not deliver are during this time)
- See if they’ll do a curbside pickup (tons of bakeries and restaurants are doing this in Wilmington!)
- Go pay them a visit if you are 100% healthy and comfortable with doing so – They’ll share their sanitizer and do all they can to keep everything clean while you’re there, I promise!
- Purchase groceries at your local farmers market, produce stand, or locally-owned grocery store
- Share your favorite local places with friends and family
- Get active on their social media by leaving a comment, liking, or sharing to your stories
- Leave a nice review on their Facebook page, website, or on Google
- Subscribe to their mailing list
- Snap a photo and share it to your Instagram or Facebook
- Tip more than usual if you can
- Donate to local charities so they can help those in need of food, etc.
Remember to check up on family, friends, and those who are older to make sure they have everything they need during this time and help in any way you can!
Stay safe and healthy friends!